8 months out:
- Start looking at invites
- Send or email a save-the-date card to out-of-towners
- Select any speciality entertainment (green screen, photo booth, caricaturist, etc)
- Do you need transportation?
7 months out:
- Discuss the menu
- Firm up your guest list with addresses
6 months out:
- Order invitations
- Order kippot
- Review decor proposal
- Firm up Friday night dinner, Saturday kiddush and Sunday brunch plans
5 months out:
- Look into favors
- Shop for a tallit
4 months out:
- Book photo sittings
3 months out:
- Order favors and personalized napkins
- Finish collecting/organizing your montage photos
- Weigh your invite and purchase appropriate postage
- Get organized on hospitality room and hospitality bags
- Confirm hair/make-up schedule
2 months out:
- Mail invitations – it’s official now!!
- Finalize catering plan and floor plan
1 month out:
- Make sure your clothes are altered/clean/ready
- Make table assignments
- Create list of photos for photographer
- Write speeches
- Create song list
- Complete place cards
- Firm up details with ALL vendors
Day of event:
- Bring tips/final payments
- HAVE FUN – enjoy every minute!
Download your monthly to-do list here!
If you’re ready to move beyond your backyard for Mitzvah portraits, the AMC community of pro photographers and veteran Mitzvah moms and dads have some fantastic off-the-beaten-path ideas for session settings. We’ve added a few of our own secret faves, as well.