If you’re ready to move beyond your backyard for Mitzvah portraits, the AMC community of pro photographers and veteran Mitzvah moms and dads have some fantastic off-the-beaten-path ideas for session settings. We’ve added a few of our own secret faves, as well.
- Little Five Points urban landscape
- Krog Street Tunnel
- Atlanta Botanical Gardens (The Chihuly Installation in particular)
- Atlanta Falcons Field
- Living Walls public art installations. (locations are all around metro Atlanta, see the link of murals to find ones you like)
- The Beltline
- Covered bridge like Roswell Mill or Poole’s Mill
- Decatur Waterworks “Graffiti Garden” inside Mason Mill Park
- RosWall public art mosaic installation (on Forrest Street behind Roswell Cultural Arts Center)
- Millennium Gate at Atlantic Station
- Atlanta Motor Speedway
- Peachtree Dekalb Airport with runway in background
- Shopping centers with fountains and interesting accent walls like The Avenues, Westside Provisions District, The Battery Atlanta
- Railroad tracks (not in use)
- Open fields, especially during sunflower or pumpkin seasons
- Record or music store
- High Museum of Art/Art Gallery
- Favorite ice cream/frozen yogurt shop (many have chalkboard walls/fun fixtures)
- A movie theater (between screenings)
- Bookstore or library
- Fernbank Museum of Natural History/Tellus Science Museum
- DIY pottery or painting studio
- Chandelier/lighting store
- Sports/Performing arts training facility
- Car dealership
- Dance studio
- Hotel lobby with picturesque spots, like Hotel at Avalon)
- Furniture store with unique seating, like Ikea or Restoration Hardware
- Ponce City Market
Your Mitzvah kid’s personality and interests will dictate which of these may be a good fit, and your photographer can also suggest locations where they’ve had success. Think outside the traditional box and explore settings that make a statement! Got more ideas? Post them to the Atlanta Mitzvah Connection Facebook page to share with the community!
Note: For privately owned places, make sure your photographer secures permission in advance, and remember that some venues charge admission.
Click here to check out the amazing photographers in the Preferred Vendor Directory and save $$ with their AMC Deals & Discounts!