1. Winner, Winner! So many prizes, people! At check in, families get to find out if they’d won a door prize, like a hotel stay, gift card or more goodies from vendors. Then they collected their prizes straight from the vendor booth!
2. New Venues. Nearly 20 venues came to EXPO, including beautiful hotels, event halls, and non-traditional spots for gamers and adventurer-seekers in spots from Johns Creek to Downtown. Check out event venues on the AMC site for destination inspiration.
3. Fun Noshes. Tasty treats were around every corner! Teens and their parents tinkered in a milkshake lab by Southern Exchange Ballroom’s in-house catering team, chowed on Asian short ribs and coconut rice and tuna tartar on watermelon radish by C. Parks Catering, dipped chopsticks into a stir fry wok station by Talk of the Town, tasted colorful cakes and cookies by Cakeology, saw ice cream made before their eyes at LiquidXcream’s nitrogen ice cream booth, and SO. MUCH. MORE.
4. Extra Touches. Families looking for that special something for the celebration’s wow factor found a dry nail polish salon station by Lisa’s Nail Revolution, a live fortune teller booth by Handy Entertainment, safe indoor sparks by Enigma Fireworks, and giant light up letters by Geri Sims Drapery & Décor.
5. DJ Heaven. Music was everywhere! The DJs brought their A game and showed how they’d rock your party. With unique set ups and offerings, there was an entertainer for every style, including Atlanta Fever, Play It Again Sammy, Espeute Productions , Horizon DJ, Amp’d Entertainment, DJ Jamal, Party Express Entertainment, and DJ Neezy.
6. Free Venue & Hotel Help. Five area convention and visitor bureaus came to meet families and show how they can help with the big weekend, for FREE! From helping secure hotel room blocks to preparing hospitality bags for your guests, they offer many services you should use. The Alpharetta CVB, Discover Dunwoody, Johns Creek CVB, Discover Atlanta’s Dekalb County CVB, and Visit Sandy Springs all know how to help navigate a Mitzvah weekend in your part of Atlanta.
7. Dream Dresses. Elite Pour La Vie of Alpharetta brought tons of dress styles for bat mitzvah girls, with space to try on and twirl! Some teens found their dream dress and enjoyed checking out glam fashion choices for the big day.
We also hosted organizations that link teens with Mitzvah projects, provide social and social action connections, and vendors that create Mitzvah-related Judaica (like handmade tallit.) Families could also shop invitations with Paper Matters and logo/website design with Mitzvah Memos. Planners, photographers, transportation… it was all there. A family could truly plan their whole event in one afternoon!!!
Sponsor Shout Out
Thank you to our wonderful EXPO sponsors: