If we missed you on Sunday, mark your calendar now for the next EXPO on October 14. And so you don’t feel too left out, here’s what Mitzvah parents and kids were most excited about this time.
1. Prizes First. At check in, attendees found out whether they had won a door prize from one of the exhibiting vendors – a great way to kick off the afternoon! Families won hotel stays, gift cards and discounts on vendor services – hooray!
2. Cool Spaces. A camp-style lounge, complete with picnic table, campfire and a hammock by YES (Your Event Solution) invited families to kick back, schmooze and snack. Luxury Lounge & Lighting brought sparkle with an eye-catching LED lighted dance floor. And, of course, everyone was wowed by the new and gorgeous Hotel at Avalon’s expansive event space!
3. Electric Entertainment. Colorful airbrush tattoos from Air Illustrations let teens show their (temporary) style while Off the Beach airbrushed t-shirts. The LED Experience Robot Stars and Strikes brought made quite an impression in the aisles! Atlanta Fever brought the beats with live drumming and sax to complement the music (some kids even got drum lessons on the spot!) Families also had fun making ShutterBooth slow motion video captures… with confetti! Espeute Productions brought the high energy in a high-up DJ booth that overlooked the entire EXPO, so cool!
4. Impressive Dresses. During EXPO, a teen’s Mitzvah project was a resale boutique of party dresses and boys dress shirts for charity. Teens had a blast shopping and trying on clothes, while parents loved saving $$ and supporting charity. Win-win! (Psst, have a Mitzvah project in the planning stages? Let’s talk about whether it’s a fit for the next EXPO in October!)
5. Sugar Rush. So many dessert options! Cotton Cravings spun gourmet cotton candy in flavors like birthday cake, mango and French toast. King of Pops served signature popsicles straight from the freezer cart. Food Truck Catering by Food with Purpose served up delish mini donuts with interesting toppings. Batter Cookie Dough Counter offered a new twist on dessert buffets with egg-free, ready-to-eat cookie dough with tons of toppings. The Atlanta Event Center at Opera brought the savory and the sweet, with apps and metallic finished cake pops and brownie sticks – yum!
See you at the next EXPO, Oct. 14 at the Westin Atlanta Perimeter! And in the meantime, visit the Preferred Vendor Directory on Atlanta Mitzvah Connection to contact vendors through the easy form and to get deals on services you need and want!