You need a hotel, certainly for your out-of-town guests, and possibly for your Mitzvah celebration. Whether or not you party at the same place people are sleeping, it will be the main gathering place for visiting family and friends during the weekend. Where do you start?
Our friends at the Alpharetta CVB and Visit Sandy Springs have great advice, as they guide clients through this process regularly. Here’s what you need to consider (note: your event planner or local CVB can help with all of these steps):
- Zero in on location. If you want to be close to your synagogue, or your home, limit your initial options by proximity to that location.
- Look at pictures. A picture’s worth a thousand words, right? Take a look at every image of a possible hotel online so you can narrow down even further based on whether they meet your standards for appearance.
- Run through Rooms and Rates. Will you want a ballroom for your celebration? What about a smaller room for brunch/Shabbat dinner? Does the hotel have suites or adjoining rooms for visiting families? Can it accommodate handicapped or elderly guests? Is breakfast included in the room rate?
Block It. Will the hotel allow you to reserve a block of rooms for your guests on the dates you choose, and if you hit a certain number of actualized reservations (meaning the guests show up) will they offer you perks, like a free room for the Mitzvah family overnight?
- Check amenities. Different things are important to different families, so consider whether your Mitzvah hotel should have any of these:
– Swimming pool (indoor or outdoor)
– On-site restaurant
– Bar for gathering with family/friends before or after the main event
– Hospitality suite for casual gatherings and noshes/drinks
– Shuttle bus (check how many it can hold) for running guests to temple/celebration if not on property)
- Stop By. Every hotel has its own personality and vibe, and it’s important that the one you choose fits your aesthetic for the weekend. Arrange a site visit so you can see the event rooms and guestrooms, on property amenities, and meet key staff.
The hotels in the Atlanta Mitzvah Connection Vendor Directory are proven Mitzvah hotels, hosting hundreds of Mitzvah celebrations and expertly housing visiting guests. Ready to go hotel shopping??? Visit the AMC hotel directory now.